about Arabella Country Estate
Arabella Country Estate includes the following components:
- 237 freehold lifestyle estate properties that have been developed to a uniform theme, as prescribed in the architectural guideline document.
- A fully fitted 145-room luxury Arabella golf estate hotel, which include conference, food, beverage and leisure facilities as well as a wellness centre.
- An 18-hole golf course of international standards with full clubhouse facilities. The golf course has a par 72 layout and was designed by Peter Matkovich, a leading golf resort architect.
- Arabella Country Estate has several large vacant areas that will remain undeveloped.
- The beauty, tranquility and luxury golf estate facilities are maintained by the homeowners association on the Arabella Country Estate.
- Wetland vegetation is found in the golf estate lagoon areas bordering the property and in the wetland on the south-western boundary. This vegetation has an important function to act as a buffer that filters out excess nutrients and performs a ‘polishing’ function for runoff from the estate.
- A great number of water birds are present on the Arabella lagoon next to the estate golf course. The small bay area adjacent to the golf estate provides shelter and roosting areas against the prevailing wind and forms an important part of the Arabella wetland ecology.
Curro Private School – Hermanus
Situated in Sandbaai, Curro Hermanus Private School is a combined, parallel-medium (Afrikaans and English) school from Nursery school to Grade 10 offering a proud tradition of learning excellence.
Curro strives towards excellent learning and guides learners to master content creatively by acquiring and extending the relevant skills. The content of the various subjects that make up the Curro curriculum acknowledges and is relevant to the ever-changing world we live in. Ultimately the learners should understand how to apply the knowledge they have gained at Curro.
Curro’s educators are bilingual and well qualified. Controlled class sizes allow for individual learner attention and to provide support where necessary. They also offer a broad range of Academics, Sport & Culture.
Learners from all over the Overberg attend Curro Hermanus and some of them make use of the reliable and affordable bus transportation system. They currently run 2 scheduled services. One in the mornings and the other after sports practice. The Pringle Bay route conveniently travels past the main gate of the Arabella Country Estate.
Help shape your child’s future…visit Curro Hermanus today.
Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve
Starting at Gordon’s Bay in the west and following the coastline up to the Bot River Estuary in the East and going inland a little beyond Grabouw the 100,000 hectare UNESCO designated Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve is home to the most complex biodiversity on our planet with more than 1,880 different plant species. The biosphere reserve is a celebration of ever changing vistas – from magnificent white beaches and wild rocky shores, sunsets over False Bay and rugged mountains rising from narrow coastal plains, to rose-edged vineyards and orchards in pockets of fertile soils in the highlands. Biosphere reserves are areas of terrestrial and coastal ecosystems that are internationally recognised within the framework of the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organisation’s (UNESCO’s) Man and Biosphere programme (MaB).
Click here to view more on about Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve