Arabella Country Estate, situated along the Bot River Lagoon in Kleinmond, has become the first Association of Residential Communities (ARC) member residential estate in South Africa to receive their PoPI (Protection of Personal Information) Act Compliance Certification. “The purpose of the PoPI Act is to ensure that all South African institutions conduct themselves in a responsible manner when collecting, processing, storing and sharing another entity’s personal information by holding them accountable should they abuse or compromise your personal information in any way,” explains Dirk Uys, Estate Manager of Arabella Country Estate. “We are very pleased to have received our compliance certification and believe this is just another step, that we as the Estate, are taking to show our stakeholders how much we value their and our privacy.”
Arabella completed their PoPI Compliance Certification through IACT-Africa which covered:
• Completion of internal and external assessments for POPi Act compliance.
• Completion of stakeholder POPI Act compliance awareness training.
• Completion of Arabella employee POPI Act compliance commitment.
• Establishing a POPI Act compliance ongoing monitoring plan.
• Establishing POPI Act compliance accountability structures.
• Publication of a POPI Act compliance privacy notice and related policies.
• Publication of a Promotion of Access to Information Act POPI compliance manual.
• Amendments to existing contracts and policies in line with POPI Act compliance requirements.
• Identification and recording of areas in which personal information is stored and processed.
“Arabella Country Estate Home Owner Association (HOA) management saw protecting the personal information of residents, visitors and other stakeholders as an important issue in early 2016 and decided to initiate a project to implement measures to address their concerns,” says John Cato from IACT-Africa. “This was a commendable decision as it illustrated a strong commitment to good leadership, governance and compliance practices.”
For more information about Arabella Country Estate please visit:
Facebook – @ArabellaCountryEstate
Twitter – @ArabellaEstate
Instagram – @arabellacountryestate